I’ve tried and tested many makeup routines for very hot/summery weather, and one I always seem to come back to and love, is this one! It’s perfect for those very hot days, I’m talking highs of 30°C’s (80°F’s), if you needed to cover up blemishes, but still want your skin to breathe! I’ve even used it on days I’ve gone to the beach/pool side and it’s worked well.
Below are the products I use, and I’ve dubbed… My Makeup HOT List:
1. SPF MOISTURISER/PRIMER: Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50
This protects and primes my face!
2. BROW PENCIL: Benefit Precisely My Brow “6”
This is great for filling in the sparse areas of my brows and comes with it’s own spooly to blend very well!
3. BLEMISH CONCEALER: L.A. Girl Pro Concealer “Fawn”
I dab this onto blemishes and it covers them very well.
4. HIGHLIGHT CONCEALER: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Caramel”
My favourite concealer for the under eyes, cheek plain and to highlight my brow bone!
5. FOUNDATION POWDER: Makeup For Ever Pro Finish “168”
I apply this with a large powder brush. It gives a really good coverage!
6. BRONZING POWDER: MAC Studio Sculpt Defining Powder “Delphic”
I love a subtle contour with this particular look, so this bronzer shades in the areas lightly but nicely!
7. HIGHLIGHT POWDER: Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette ‘Fiji/Seychelles’
The BEST highlighter combo ever!! I love to sweep this across my cheeks, above my lips and on the tip of my nose for an added sparkle!
8. MASCARA: Maybelline Lash Sensational
Apart from the fact that mine is personalised with my name on it (hehe thanks Maybelline), it’s such a good mascara! Lengthens and volumizes.. and for only £8 you can’t go wrong!
9. LIP BALM: Lancome Universelle “La Base Rosy”
My lips never felt so soft!! I love this product as it sits like a lipstick, but is in fact a balm/moisturiser! Easy to keep in my bag too!
10. LIP PENCIL: Estee Lauder Stay-In-Place Lip Pencil “16 Brick”
This lip pencil is a slightly richer shade than my actual lip colour, and I love to finish the look by outlining my lips with it!
11. SETTING SPRAY: Rimmel Insta Fix & Go
The perfect setting spray for this look. It doesn’t feel sticky or let my makeup slide off!
Here’s me today rocking the look.
I’m typing this up in a head wrap and a wrapper from my Grandma’s living room in Calabar!